- Sports & Schools
- Island Time
- Crime Watch
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
CCE program offering five spring classes in Spanish and fitness
Coupeville Community Education (CCE) offers classes for local youths and adults in the fall and spring of each year. Spring classes start this April and end in May. This spring, there will be five classes available to the community:
- Basic Travel Spanish, taught by Cristina Celements, is offered to adults in Coupeville Middle School, room 101. The class goes from April 10 until May 1, on Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The class is $40, and there is a $5 material fee payable to the instructor.
- Another class offered is Travel Spanish - The Next Step, meant for adults who have completed Basic Travel Spanish. This class is also taught by Clements, from April 8 until April 29, on Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The class is $40, and there is a $5 material fee payable to the instructor.
- A class combining yoga and pilates is also being offered to local adults. This yolates class focuses on core exercises included for back health and injury prevention. Individuals needing modifications due to age, injury or other limitations are welcome in this class. The instructor is Monique Talkington, and the class is scheduled from April 29 until May 20, from 6 to 7 p.m. in Coupeville Elementary School, room E-4. The cost of this class is $30.
- For adults interested in dance fitness, Talkington is also teaching a Razzl Dance class, offered in the Coupeville Elementary School Multipurpose Room. This class teaches Broadway style dance moves. The class is scheduled from April 30 until May 21, on Wednesdays, 6 to 7 p.m. The class is $20 per session.
- CCE is also offering a ZUMBA class for adults this spring in the Coupeville Elementary School Multipurpose Room. Cheridan Eck combines Latin and international music to teach beginning and advanced students these low-impact exercise routines. The class is scheduled from April 22 until May 29, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5 to 6 p.m. There is a $60 fee for each session, or you can purchase a 10-session punchcard, also for $60.
There is a registration form for each class on the school district’s website. It is requested that you sign up at least a week in advance to each class. For more information, visit coupeville.k12.wa.us